Monday 3 September 2012

Help from above

More deliberation on where working parents can get more help...

Perhaps, although unlikely, the government could help?!

I have previously posted about working from home... then got to thinking...

Jobs the governement must think is available but I haven't found one - A job working 9.15am - 2.45pm with 15 weeks school holidays per year... VERY RARE, IF AT ALL AVAILABLE.

I have worked since I was 15 and enjoy working but now I have been made redundant I would like more help on how I can earn a living from home and look after my children.

There are many sources of help out there for people who wish to work in employment, but not for self employed people or parents with children who would like to work from home whilst supporting their family!

Sources of help include - Job Centre, direct.gov sites and many more.  When googling 'working from home' all of these sites came up but with no help on to how I can begin to start up 'work from home'. I would very much like to see the government set up a website with real help on how parents can earn a living from home and support their families at the same time.  This way people won't caught in any unnecessary scams... (There are thousands out there!!)

This is a seperate issue (although closely related) - I would also like to understand how the governement expect parents with children as young as 5 to go back to work and put their children into nurseys and childminders to be able to do this but then won't support the costs of childcare or support parents who wish to earn a living from home...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment